The Gilmore Girls Reading List

Saturday 18 November 2017

Online Crisis Chat Services

Disclaimer: I have not used any of these chat services. I have checked out their online resources but I have not engaged them.

These three resources provide chat support for youth and adults. I am in Canada, and I have also included some American resources. I hope to add to this list in the future. These resources are available if you are in need of emotional support (stress, abuse, anxiety, school issues, relationships, etc.). You don't have to be in crisis to access these services, but you still can if you are.   

Youthspace.ca (Canadian resource)
If you are under 30 years old, every night from 6PM and midnight PST you can go on their website and click "Online Chat" or "SMS Text Chat" and speak to a trained volunteer.

Crisischat.org (American resource)
This resource is available regardless of age. Every day the chat is open from 2PM to 2AM Eastern Time.

Unsuicide (Canada, US, Australia, UK)
This wikia has many links to online crisis intervention websites - they are not solely for suicide prevention.
*Note: I have not clicked on all of the links. The ones that I have appear to be very helpful. In the future, I hope to check them out more fully and link to them here.

I highly recommend users Google for crisis centres in their area and see if they also offer online chat support.

No comments:

Post a Comment